Choosing the best worktop for your kitchen can be a daunting task. With so much to choose from it can be very easy to make the wrong decision on what is best for you. So what is the best worktop for you and how do you know? To aid you in this decision we will be releasing different posts over the coming weeks on the materials available in the market to aid you in your decision making. This post focuses on the natural stone Granite.
Granite is a highly popular stone choice for worktops. It’s stylish, luxurious and adds a quality feel to the kitchen. It’s also very durable and functional. Two very important qualities for any worktop
Since granite is a natural stone, you can choose from many shades and patterns to match your kitchen’s colour scheme. Whether your kitchen is modern or traditional, you will be able to find something within our granite range that looks both unique and appealing.
Advantages of Granite-
1) Once sealed granite is stain resistant.
2) The various minerals within granite add depth and character making every granite top different.
3) Good Kitchen & Bathroom surfaces.
4) Large range of different stones to choose from.
5) Adds value to your home.
Disadvantages of Granite-
1) Worktops are require sealing every 2 years.
2) Due to its naturalness patterning can be inconsistent. (Although this is the reason some people love Granite.)
3) If Granite is not sealed correctly it can absorb liquids on the work surface and stain.
4) Restricted slab sizes pending on Granite choice. This means that your Granite type may no be suitable for a 3.1m island without a joint.
5) They cannon be repaired if damaged. Although they are very hard wearing the corners can be susceptible to damage.
Overall Granite can be a beautiful natural work surface that can be versatile to any style kitchen, with its great durability and small amount of maintenance. Granite is in high price bracket of kitchen worktops, but the pricing on Granite can vary on slabs required, colour, rariety and availability.
We hope you find this article useful and please come visit the showroom if you would like to learn more and see some samples.
Check back soon for our second worktop guide on ‘Quartz’.
The Alon Team
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this. If you have concerns about the cookies being used, you may voice these concerns via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.