Guide to choosing your perfect worktop
Choosing the best worktop for your kitchen can be a daunting task. With so much to choose from it can be very easy to make the wrong decision on what is best for you. So what is the best worktop for you and how do you know? To aid you in this decision we will be releasing different posts over the coming weeks on the materials available in the market to aid you in your decision making.
Questions to ask yourself
- What is your budget? Kitchen worktops can fit most budgets, but you don’t really want to be scrimping on such a focal point so make sure you can afford exactly what you want
- Do I have enough time for the installation? We all lead busy lives, make sure you have the time for your old worktops to be ripped out and replaced.
- Will I hire a professional to install it or do it myself? Depending on your own level of skill and the type of worktop you choose, it may be possible for you to fit your own. However, make sure you know exactly what you’re doing before you start cutting.
- Is there a need for a heat resistant worktop in my kitchen? Sure, we’ve all put a hot pan down only to find out that it’s left a mark on our work surface. If you want something that is resistant to heat, make sure you choose the right worktop.
- Am I good with cleaning and wiping up any spills immediately? Some worktops can be easily damaged through spills and can be porous to stains. Make sure this is taken in to consideration.
- How much area have I dedicated for the worktop? Most worktops have a maximum length. If you want your worktop to be in one piece, without any visible joins, make sure your space is correctly measured.
- What colour and texture do I want? There are almost unlimited choices when it comes to colour and texture, so finding the right one can be a little daunting. Spend time to find your style and find something that matches perfectly.
After asking yourself these questions you should be a step closer to choosing your perfect worktop. Always remember you don’t have to do this alone. Come visit us in the showroom we would love to work with you help choose the worktop that is right for you!
Check back soon for our first worktop guide on ‘Granite’.
The Alon Team
Modern Handleless Kitchen In June 2016, I initially took on the task of transforming the Cammish’s kitchen as part of a full home renovation. To insure this project was successful it would need to appeal to both the client and eventually the next consumer as the house will be lived in, then finally sold as