So, what is a splashback?
A kitchen splashback is the material on the wall above the sink, cooktop or other benchtop space that protects the wall from oil, grease, splashes, and other kitchen messes that occur when you are cooking or preparing food. It is the perfect finishing touch to your modern kitchen, and also provides an illusion of a bigger kitchen if you consider your kitchen to be smaller.
Advantages to owning a splashback…
- Splashbacks are the modern way forward
- They are easier to maintain cleanliness rather than scrubbing tiles
- The perfect way to protect your kitchen walls with a creative twist!
- They are heat and impact resistant
- A lot easier to install, requiring less equipment!
Disadvantages to owning a splashback…
- Splashbacks can work out more expensive than tiles, although the splashback does offer a much more bespoke finish.
- If you seek radical change regularly, splashback may not be for you due to it being an expensive switch to be made regularly.
Tips and advice for your final decision…
Do you feel that you are ready to welcome a stunning splashback into your kitchen? Well, we hope that you can now take some time to reflect upon whether a splashback is suited for your kitchen. Talk to one of our specialist designers here at Alon Interiors for further specifications, or pop into one of our showrooms to view some of our beautiful and bespoke displays.