Guide to choosing your perfect worktop – Granite
Choosing the best worktop for your kitchen can be a daunting task. With so much to choose from it can be very easy to make the wrong decision on what is best for you. So what is the best worktop for you and how do you know? To aid you in this decision we will be releasing different posts over the coming weeks on the materials available in the market to aid you in your decision making. This post focuses on the natural stone Granite.
Granite is a highly popular stone choice for worktops. It’s stylish, luxurious and adds a quality feel to the kitchen. It’s also very durable and functional. Two very important qualities for any worktop
Since granite is a natural stone, you can choose from many shades and patterns to match your kitchen’s colour scheme. Whether your kitchen is modern or traditional, you will be able to find something within our granite range that looks both unique and appealing.
Advantages of Granite-
1) Once sealed granite is stain resistant.
2) The various minerals within granite add depth and character making every granite top different.
3) Good Kitchen & Bathroom surfaces.
4) Large range of different stones to choose from.
5) Adds value to your home.
Disadvantages of Granite-
1) Worktops are require sealing every 2 years.
2) Due to its naturalness patterning can be inconsistent. (Although this is the reason some people love Granite.)
3) If Granite is not sealed correctly it can absorb liquids on the work surface and stain.
4) Restricted slab sizes pending on Granite choice. This means that your Granite type may no be suitable for a 3.1m island without a joint.
5) They cannon be repaired if damaged. Although they are very hard wearing the corners can be susceptible to damage.
Overall Granite can be a beautiful natural work surface that can be versatile to any style kitchen, with its great durability and small amount of maintenance. Granite is in high price bracket of kitchen worktops, but the pricing on Granite can vary on slabs required, colour, rariety and availability.
We hope you find this article useful and please come visit the showroom if you would like to learn more and see some samples.
Check back soon for our second worktop guide on ‘Quartz’.
The Alon Team
The team have certainly been busy working from behind closed doors to improve our products and the services we offer. We are proud to announce that we have been accepted by the KBSA (The Kitchen Bedroom Bathroom Specialist Association), which is an accreditation within the industry. Customers can now take out a deposit protection insurance
Modern Handleless Kitchen In June 2016, I initially took on the task of transforming the Cammish’s kitchen as part of a full home renovation. To insure this project was successful it would need to appeal to both the client and eventually the next consumer as the house will be lived in, then finally sold as